Wednesday 1 April 2020

Online - VOLLEYBALL

Hello My Volleyball Students:

I miss you and I miss our class.  And although we can't be together for the next while, I have some ideas to keep you touching the volleyball and maintaining those verticals and fast feet that you've worked so hard to improve.... and yes, some assignments (with lots of choices and you only have to pick 3... you can handle that).  They are meant to be helpful assignments that work to improve your understanding of the sport.

I'm just learning how to use TEAMS (part of Office 365 that will allow us to connect as a class) so until that's ready, I thought I'd just post on here to let you know that class will continue .... but obviously, with some significant differences.

I'm hoping for each one of you to have a volleyball (I can lend you one from the school, if you don't have your own).  Each weekday, I'll post "Volleyball Control Drills" that you can do on your own at home. Some drills might also require some participation from a parent or sibling.

On Monday, Wednesday and Friday's, I'll also post Agility and Plyometric drills - similar to what we've done in class and some new stuff.  We don't want all that previous hard work to go to waste!  It might be helpful for you start looking for some "boxy" platforms around your house that could be used to jump on and off of.

I'll post a large list of assignments.  As mentioned above, you will choose 3 - one for April, one for May and one for June.  I will try hard to make them meaningful and useful and hopefully there will be a number of them that will interest you.

I'll plan to start posting drills and exercises, using either TEAMS or this blog, on Monday April 6th.  Please send me an email at khoshizaki@sd19.bc.ca or text me at 250-814-3481 to let me know if you need a volleyball and then we can make plans as to how you can get one.

I hope you are all well and I look forward to connecting with you again soon.

Love,
Hosh